from Talking to Canadians’ Clearwater Seafoods
Rick Mercer mentions Clearwater Seafoods as part of his mission to entertain the Canadian soldiers in Bosnia. They happily donated crates of fresh lobster so Canadians fighting the good fight could have a small taste of home.
- 8 oz Clearwater Premium Raw Lobster meat, diced and lightly rinsed under cold water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes cut in 1 cm dice
- 2 scallions, finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 20 fennel seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy bottom saucepot melt butter with fennel seeds and bay leaf.
- Add onion and celery and cook until aromatic and translucent.
- Add potato and water and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in tomato paste, paprika, and lobster.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, parsley and green onions.
- For presentation, divide mixture between 4 bowls and sprinkle with a bit of lemon zest.
Nada’s Tips & Tricks: Chowders are my favourite winter dish to make. Serve it in a hollowed-out bread bowl for a fun presentation. You can use any seafood (or corn for vegetarians) with this easy recipe.
Contents and images used with permission by Clearwater Seafood. https://shop.clearwater.ca/canada/lobster-chowder