from New Brunswick’s Mermaid, Crystal Richard
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup of cooked New Brunswick Coldwater Shrimp
- 1 baguette or 2 croissants or 2 hot dog buns – you pick!
- Fresh dill – use as much or as little as you’d like
- Fresh chives – use as much or as little as you’d like
- Optional: Chopped Celery
- 1 tablespoon of Dulse Flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons of mayonnaise depending on preference
- 1 tablespoon of grated horseradish
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Microgreens for garnishing
- Add 1 cup of coldwater shrimp to a mixing bowl.
- Chop up fresh dill and chives, add to the mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dulse flakes and horseradish.
- Add mayonnaise and stir the shrimp mixture.
- Prepare the bread you’ll be serving your shrimp roll on by slicing it.
- Scoop in your shrimp roll mix.
- Top with microgreens.
- Serve with side dish of your choice and enjoy on its own!
Content and images used with permission by Crystal Richard, East Coast Mermaid. https://eastcoastmermaid.com/2021/06/24/coldwater-shrimp-roll-recipe/
Nada’s Tips & Tricks: If you can’t find dulse flakes, try crumbling up some seaweed sheets. I left this as an add-on for people who like seaweed. When I cooked the shrimp, I coated them with Old Bay Seasoning to give them a little punch. Adjust the horseradish depending on how hot you like it…taste along the way until you get the right heat from it. We had this scrumptious roll with potato and corn chowder – a filling meal!