from Wendy Winter, Where’s My Joey
This idea was inspired because Joey loves coconut.
1/2 cup of coconut sugar (brown sugar could be used as a substitute)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup shredded coconut (and 1/4 cup for topping)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup of maple syrup
3 Tablespoon oil
2 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 loaf tins 8.5″ x 5″ x 3″.
2) Sift the flour, and mix with baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar, and salt in a bowl.
3) In another bowl, combine the vanilla, maple syrup, oil and lemon juice and mix well.
4) Add mashed bananas to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix well.
5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend quickly and evenly.
6) Add 1/2 cup shredded coconut and mix again.
7) Divide batter into two loaf pans and sprinkle top with shredded coconut. Bake for
45-55 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
Used by permission from author Wendy Winter of Where’s My Joey
Nada’s Tips & Tricks: This banana bread was quite yummy – the coconut makes it sweet. We had it for dessert and the following morning, we warmed up some slices and slathered it with butter…perfect with a cup of coffee!