from Vanilla & Spice
A chocolate fondue is the perfect quick and easy dessert that you can make at home. You can be creative and use fruits, vanilla cookies, marshmallows, graham crackers or rice krispie treats as dippers. We love this recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.
- 225g of semi-sweet or bittersweet baking chocolate (use the best quality you can find)
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of 2% or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine the chocolate, milk and cream and heat on low, stirring often, until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Don’t let it come to a boil; keep it on low heat.
- Once melted, stir in the vanilla extract. If needed, stir in heavy cream or milk a tablespoon at a time to adjust for a thinner consistency. Pour the mixture into a fondue pot or small slow cooker to keep warm while serving.
- Serve with dippers of your choice.
Recipe makes 6 servings.
Content and images used with permission by Vanilla & Spice. Original recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. https://www.vanillaandspice.ca/blogs/vanilla/chocolate-fondue
Nada’s Tips & Tricks: This is one of those recipes that you can have fun with…mix up the dipping items like pretzels, nuts and one grandchild tried a potato chip! Don’t have a fondue pot? Have all the dipping items ready (along with a spoon to pick up any dropped pieces) and pour the dip into ramakins for each person – don’t worry, it’ll all be gone before the dip cools off!