1 package original cream cheese
¾ cup icing sugar
1 cup 35% whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
½ cup berries of your preference (blueberries, raspberries and/or strawberries)
1 box of Classic Vanilla Shortbread, leave 6 shortbreads whole, crumbled the rest of the box
1/3 cup of caramel sauce
- Put the cream cheese in an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Whip on medium- high speed till light and fluffy with no lumps, 2 -3 minutes
- Add the icing sugar to your cream cheese and mix on medium speed till combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl
- Add the vanilla to your cream cheese mixture and mix till combine
- Scrape down the paddle attachment and switch with the whisk attachment
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pour in the whipping cream
- Whisk the mixture on medium speed until the whipping cream is light and the mixture is light, should form soft peaks
- In individual serving cups or small bowls place a tablespoon of crumbled classic shortbread
- Next divide your cream cheese filling amongst the serving cups/bowls. Amount in each bowl can be based on your preference.
- Add another two tablespoons of crumbled shortbread to the tops off all the serving cups/bowls
- Divide up the berries on each of the bowls
- Place the whole shortbread in the tops of all the serving cups/bowls
- Drizzle each serving cup or bowl with the caramel sauce.
- This can be refrigerated for up to 12 hours or served right away!
Contents and images used with permission by Sprucewood Brands. https://sprucewoodbakery.com/
Nada’s Tips & Tricks: Healthy and decadent…all rolled into one bowl. Big hit around our dinner table – you can change up the shortbread flavour as well as the fruit. The whipped cream cheese makes this dessert light yet satisfying after a big meal. Great dish when the fruit is fresh from your farmer’s market this summer!