from The Bologna cookbook
• 1 slice bologna (1/8” thick), julienned
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
• 1 green onion, diced
• ¼cup finely chopped green pepper
• ¼ cup finely chopped red pepper
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 small potato, shredded
• Salt and pepper
• 3 large eggs
• ¼ cup milk
• ¼ tsp chopped fresh basil
• ¼ tsp chopped fresh parsley
• 1 thick pita bread (8” diameter), toasted
• ½ cup shredded Tex-Mex cheese
In a non-stick skillet (8–10 inches) over medium heat, sauté bologna in olive oil and butter until lightly browned. Add onion, green onion, peppers, garlic, and potato; cook until onion becomes translucent. Stir constantly and season to taste.
In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, and herbs. Pour egg mixture over ingredients in skillet and cover. Cook over low-medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, or until eggs are set. Slide egg mixture on pita bread and garnish with cheese.
Contents and images used with permission by Kevin Phillips and Flanker Press. https://flankerpress.com/product/the-bologna-cookbook
Nada’s Tips & Tricks: Easy and filling breakfast/lunch dish. Include or take away ingredients that you like/don’t like – so versatile and will be appreciated by everyone.